Eng2, February 9 to February 15, "Analysis", or "So What goes wrong in life"
Dear Diary,
The day of the Analysis test is getting closer and closer. I should practice, I have jitters. The test is on Thursday (Feb 14), but TeDe is unable to move his ass to learn.
I heard Analysis for mathematician one year ago, but back then I didn't reach the requirements. This year it was more easy.
You have to do homework weekly and get points for it.
At this point I want to thank my Tutor for giving me that damn high amount of points.
We had to work in groups of three, so I grabbed TeDe and a friend of him. I think I was the only one who worked, so I was the only one who understood the stuff taught.
The most important things to me are the "Global lessons". An assistant professor calculates some exercises, then you go home, write it off and change the values. That's the way you get points.
TeDe and his friend were not very interested in working while the university is in session.
It's Tuesday, Feb 12. TeDe is coming by at 10 pm. The Countdown is running. 40 hours left. TeDe notices, that his book is missing. Bad timing, because we are allowed to bring with us whatever we can carry.
I try my best to explain at least one exercise, before we get his book early next morning. It seems it was a good choice to not become a teacher anymore, because it seems I explain things way to different. Math is not fun, but it is logic. And if it is logic, then I understand what they want to teach me.
We try to get some sleep in my 55 inch wide bed. I don't know why, but it is hard for me to sleep, when I'm not alone. It takes more time to fall asleep. Also I'm not sleeping very deep, so I wake up early. Then I try to not move, because I don't want to wake up the other one. But then I cannot find sleep anymore.
It is Wednesday (Feb 13). I don't want to get up. There are only 30 hours left until the test.
We get ready, take the bus and spend one hour (one way) to get the damn book.
At 1 pm we are back at my place. Great, 25 hours left. We work to slow. TeDe needs 4 times the time he is allowed to complete each exercise.
Hunger comes up, and we eat out instead of call for some pizza. Damn, that took at least 2 hours.
It's at least 3 am when we finally go to bed.
Next morning I show TeDe a secret technique, that guaranteed the passage of every test I wrote until now. And here I'm not speaking of cheating, because we are allowed to take every thing with us, that we can think of. By the way: I didn't cheat in any test before, so I will not start doing it!
Panic grows. 4 hours left until the test and TeDe is writing down everything he can find without even thinking about it. I prepare only 6 pages, I don't need more, and we leave the house. We have to wait half an hour before the test begins. Finally the test starts. I have to stop breathing to not cause a big roar of laughing. One of the 6 exercises was homework 2 month ago. So I grabbed the corrected homework sheet and copied it word by word. Form the other 5 I managed to complete 1 to my satisfaction, 2 with discomfort and 2 only the beginning.
I feel lousy. I have to get 50% of the test, but I would only give me 48%. DAMN IT, I don't want to write it again. I'm molested by many people via ICQ, but I want to be alone in a corner and first come out, when it is all over. But my quietness is begrudged.
I'll anticipate here a little bit from the future.
Let's come to the topic "What also goes wrong in Life". TeDe let the result of the test decide whether he will study (here) on, or not.
I got 65% (in marks a "C" or 3.0), TeDe only 22%, and his friend only 20%. Both will leave the RWTH and also didn't come to the test following after Analysis.
This way I loose the close contact to TeDe, what I really not appreciate. In my 3 terms at the university, I learned each term with somebody different. This is because 2 of these 3 persons left the university. For sure I'm happy to get to know new people next term, but on the one hand I'm afraid to approach to new people and on the other hand I'm afraid to loose these at the End of the term again.
This way I cannot enjoy my success.
See you next week.
PS:
Summary:
(still missing)
0 comments:
Post a Comment