Sunday, March 2, 2008

How Dangerous Is Anbesol

ENG1, Jan 31 - Feb 8: Roof damage, Dive and Staying on the Ground

First of all: My english is not the best. If you find errors, you may keep them;) or send me a notice (please not as a comment if not really really important)

Dear Diary,

written because you're public, I'll almost ever use nicknames, that have nothing to do whit the person behind it. Because of the fact, that i give people with nicknames other nicknames, I have to try to remember which person I gave which nickname, and I'll really give my best. If the person behind the nicknames found, that this is him/her and wants to be named with his/her real name/nick, I'll tell you who it was and use the real name/nick henceforth.

You, as my diary, shall be my memory hook, because I more and more realize, that I'm not in the position to remember even the day before yesterday.
Because of that I'll tell you stories, which are founded on the truth, but details and other things may be changed.



Today is Jan 31, well, not really, but since back then much happened.

The topic is "Roof damage, Dive and Staying on the Ground".
In Germany we say to some people "You have a roof damage" when we're meaning "You are nuts / draft / crack-brained / insane / ..."
I'm a little mentally ill by my self, but only because I cannot tell my brain to not only live "today", but also save / memorize "the past".
But this time it is different. We are in the carnival week beginning on Thursday, ending on Wednesday. During this time most people do not (want to) work. This is bad, because on Thursday water starts dripping through my bathroom-ceiling. There is a 20 inch long beads of water-drops. I'm taking a photo first time at 6 pm.
I inform my mother and the headmaster and go upstairs.
On my way upstairs I'm counting paving tiles to find the guilty one (culprit). After 16 month of living in this house I don't know the other people living here, except from perhaps seeing.
Upstairs I'm ringing, knocking, even shouting through the door of room number 65, but nothing happens. The other neighbors also don't react on this noise.
I go back to my room and check the ceiling again. It got much less.
At 11 pm I go to the bathroom another time, and the beads is back. I go on the balcony to check the lights upstairs and this time I ring at room number 64.
An asian couple opens the door and I ask whether they showered recently and show them the photos.
Back in my room with the couple with me, the man explains to me, that he worked on the drain this after noon, and that he wants to repair it tomorrow. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

Next day (Friday, Feb 1), the problem really was solved, but it is only fixed with a twine.
The headmaster is not really happy about it. He wants the phone-number of the renter to check it out by himself.
I'm not a strong man, and I believe on the good in human kind. This is why i believed the renter would call the headmaster himself, because the renter promised 2-3 times. Damn it, he didn't.
And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

I'm leaving "roof damage" here and create a smooth transition (in german "flowing transition") to "Dive".

It is Saturday (Feb 2) and JJ wants to go swimming. But we were scwimming on Monday and Wednesday, and I want to go swimming with Viper. If he doesn't want to go swimming, then I'd go swimming with JJ, but Viper wants to. I prefer viper, because he is male, but I woun't mind to try it with a female *wink, wink*.
So I invited myself to sleep over night at his place and him in exchange for a meal.
It got late, so we could only go to McDonalds.
And there was evening and there was morning, a third day.

(Sunday, Feb 3) Because of carnival, there were not many indoor swimming pools opened (what a damn word to write on the front door of a building, "Hallenbad" is so much shorter). It was likable empty and for the 2 hours you pay for whe spent at least 3 hours including changing (clothes).
I was in this indoor swimming pool before, and if you spend all the time in the colder big swimming pool, the time runs slow. But if you pay time in the smaller and warmer children swimming pool, the time runs much faster. And the time there ran defiantly too fast.
I noticed, that I get short of breath very fast. So I try diving in the big pool as long and as far as possible. I don't think this will help me to gain more power in my lungs, but I nothing better crossed my mind until now.
And there was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.

"Staying on the Ground" or "Coming back to the Ground" is something that is close to my hearth. I catch opportunities and lead my surrounding with a bit of (un-)handiness in the way I want it to be. But if I got my will, I feel guilty for what I did, especially for the 2 it hit this time.
Eventhoug I know that I don't have to apologise I want to do it.
So:
I'm sorry TeDe and Viper. Eventhoug you didn't have to suffer, you should try to bring me down to earth.

I don't remember Feb 4 to Feb 7, but I don't want any gaps in between.

I finished the German Version at 2:30 AM and the later it gets, the shorter the sections get. I'm still unhappy with how much space "roof damage" takes and the most important thing ("Staying on the Ground") only needs.


I wish you,
dear diary,
a good night.

PS:
Summary:
Karana: Memory Problems, swims
JJ: female, swims
Viper: male, swims
Tede: male

0 comments:

Post a Comment